Leather Office Chair Vs Mesh Office Chair
Do I buy an iconic leather desk chair or a modern mesh office chair? This is a question we often hear as ergonomic office furniture experts. Whether you’re working from home and looking for a stylish desk and chair combo, or revamping your workspace with high-quality ergonomic furniture, the fabric you choose can make a big difference. Both materials offer pros and cons, and only your unique work-style, environment, and office furniture needs will determine which is best for you.
To help make you make this interior design decision, we’ve put together the ultimate buyer’s guide. In this article, we’re going to carefully compare the qualities of traditional leather office chairs and the features a mesh office chair can offer, along with their potential pitfalls too. By the end of this guide, we hope that you’ll feel empowered and informed so that you can make the right decision for your office!
Should I Buy A Leather Office Chair?
Traditional, stylish, and extremely popular worldwide, leather office chairs ooze sophistication when it comes to an office environment. While they bring to mind busy boardrooms and corporate dynamics, leather chairs offer a wide range of benefits.
- Leather chairs are highly durable and easy to clean. If you happen to spill your morning coffee on your leather office chair, don’t panic. Simply wipe clean and get on with your day, it really is that easy. Since the leather material is easy to maintain, when you invest in a leather desk chair you know it’s going to last for several years.
- Minimalist and sophisticated. Yes, leather desk chairs are typically associated with a professional office and do look the part in a corporate setting. So if your office interior design is edging towards clean, professional, and classy, a leather office chair might be the best fabric to choose.
- Leather is also very comfortable and supportive so great if you work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- If you work in a consistently hot climate, leather can quickly absorb heat and cause you to sweat. This can have an impact on your productivity and ability to focus.
- Some leather chairs are more expensive due to the type of leather they’re made with. If you’re investing in an expensive leather chair, you might need to also consider the cost of maintaining that form of leather to safeguard your investment.
Leather Office Chair Designs
At Qwork, we have an online collection of leather chairs just waiting to be explored. From The Kai Executive office chair with lower back support to the classic Liam Executive leather desk chair with generous dimensions to suit all sizes. So if you’re thinking of investing in a leather chair, here are our professional recommendations.
Best For Comfort: For superior comfort, while working hard, choose the Kai Executive Office Chair. Made with breathable leather fabric that is easy to clean, invest in style, sophistication, and unbelievable support. With smart curved cushions designed to relieve lower back pressure, it will enhance your performance while at work and support your back, shoulders, neck, arms, and legs.
Best For Customization: Achieve bespoke comfort and ergonomic excellence with the Rhett Executive Leather Office Chair. Designed to be completely customized to suit your unique work-style, height, weight, and comfort requirements, this is the perfect fit for a busy professional who spends a lot of time at their desk. With built-in lumbar support, and a double padded foam seat cushion all you need now, is a fresh batch of coffee.
Best For Tall Professionals: Set your sights high with the Liam Executive Office Chair. Made to accommodate taller professionals who require unique dimensions to work comfortably at a desk. With high back support and a 24-inch seat, the Liam Executive leather desk chair can recline with ease and accommodate a max capacity of 250lbs.
Best For Budget: The Wess Executive Office Chair, at just under $200 is an affordable high-quality leather office chair designed with your comfort in mind. Ergonomic and easy to clean, it can be carefully adjusted to match your height and line of sight. Able to accommodate 250 lbs weight, the Wess Executive Office Chair won’t let you down when it comes to a solid piece of ergonomic office furniture.
Is A Mesh Chair Better For A Home Office?
If leather just isn’t doing it for you, why not go for a more modern aesthetic with a mesh chair instead. Mesh is a great fabric for a breathable office chair, as it will naturally allow fresh air to flow through the fabric and provide ultimate comfort, even in warmer climates. So if you’re looking for a new take on a traditional desk chair, mesh might just tick all your boxes. Let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of mesh office chairs.
- Mesh allows air to flow and circulate freely which makes it cool and comfortable as an office chair fabric. If you normally work in a warm environment or hot climate, a mesh chair will prevent getting sweaty and distracted while at your desk.
- Similar to leather office chairs, mesh chairs are normally easy to clean. Wipe with a damp cloth and allow to dry to clean a mesh chair. Plus, the fabric itself is designed to be strong and durable, so you won’t need to worry about rips or stains.
- Mesh office chairs are normally lightweight which makes them easy to move around.
- Most of the time, mesh is more affordable than a traditional leather office chair, so if you’re on a bit of a budget, perhaps mesh is the right chair for you!
- Mesh might not give you the same level of support when working for long hours at a desk. If you’re a bit of a workaholic, consider leather instead.
- Since the fabric makes for a more breathable office chair, it can also be prone to sagging which will impact its ability to support you.
Mesh Office Chair Options
Best For Comfort: If you tend to burn the candle at both ends, the Levi Ergonomic Task Chair will keep you comfortable and supported for hours at a time. This high-quality mesh office chair has been specially designed to offer continuous comfort and features height, width, and back adjustment for ultimate support. As a breathable office chair, the back allows fresh air to circulate freely, keeping you cool and focused all day.
Best For Small Workspaces: If you’re working from home and in need of an affordable, ergonomic, and supportive desk chair that isn’t too big, say hello to the Knox+ Foldable Task chair. This smart space-saving mesh office chair can be folded away neatly and stored under a desk, giving you the ideal mesh chair for a small workstation.
Best For Budget: Upgrading your home office on a budget? Choose the Milo ergonomic mesh chair. An affordable entry-level chair, it’s just over $100. Supportive, easy to assemble, and made with a high-quality thick sponge, it will keep you cool and comfortable whether in the office or working from home.
Best For Movement: Being able to move freely even when sat in an office chair can make a significant impact on your productivity levels. Although try not to get too carried away as you fly around the office. With this in mind, if you’re searching for a padded, comfortable, and 360-degree swivel, you should buy the Coru High-Back Mesh Task Chair. Part of our online collection of ergonomic office furniture, this design allows you to roll around freely, making it supportive and super fun to sit in.